About PhD Educational Technology
The need to produce high level manpower in Educational Technology cannot be over emphasized. This is because the challenges that Information and Communication Technology has brought into teaching and learning are so enormous that teacher preparation has to be strengthened and regenerated to make them cope with those challenges. The possession of nigh level knowledge in Educational Technology is a step in this direction. This programme therefore is designed with a view of producing professionals in the field that can guide, inspire, upgrade and direct others towards professionalism in the area of Educational Technology.
Objectives of the Programme:
The following are the specific objectives of the programme:1. To provide further educational training for teachers, researchers and supervisors in all educational settings.
2. To equip students with appropriate techniques to solve problems affecting education through the use and production of technological and instructional materials.
3. To expose students to the interrelatedness of instructional technology to other aspects of national development.
4. To equip students with appropriate psychological skills needed for guidance and counselling in and out of the educational system.
The following shall qualify for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy degree programme in Educational Technology:1. Graduates of the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria or other recognized institutions who have obtained a Masters Degree in Educational Technology with a GPA of not less than 4.0 on a 5 point scale or not less than 3.0 on a 4 point scale.
2. Candidates who hold qualifications other than the one' listed above, which are acceptable to the Board of Postgraduate School and Senate of the University.
3. Graduates of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria who has been upgraded to PhD through Master of Philosophy Programme.
4. In addition to (a), (b) and (C) above, a candidate must satisfy the university 's requirements for matriculation.
Mode of study:The programme will run on full-time and part-time basis by research.
Course Duration:The duration of study shall be a minimum of 24 and a maximum of 60 calendar months for full-time.
Career opportunities:Holders of Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Technology have opportunities in educational institutions, research centres, educational programme design, curriculum implementation etc.
Areas of specialisation:Students can specialize in the following areas:
* Instructional Design
* Education Media Production
* Instructional Materials Design
* Computer Assisted Teaching/Learning Packages
* Instructional Resource Management